6 Ways I Get Motivated On 'Down' Days
- Shower. Having a nice, hot shower to start the day is such a fantastic way to fully wake up, as well as feel refreshed and new for the day ahead. Personally, I find I come up with productive ideas to make my day more exciting, while I'm in the shower. Great ideas come from shower time!!
- Have a decent breakfast. We all know someone who tells us (sometimes a little too often) that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Believe it or not- they're right! Food for the body boosts our energy levels and affects our mental health. I feel better not only physically, but mentally after breakfast!
- Wear something that makes me feel extra confident. Whether it's a clothing item, a bit of makeup, some jewellery, perfume- anything! Add that little extra something that makes going from your home out into the world a little nicer! Nothing builds us up more than a little extra boost of confidence- work it gf!
- Do/say something kind to someone else. An effortless way of this is to just send a message wishing them a nice day. It lets them know you're thinking of them, and may also set a tone for their day! It takes one second to send the message but might mean more to the person than you know. They may even be having a down day too! Spreading kindness makes you feel good- it's a win-win!! Just try it and expect nothing in return- you'll be pleasantly surprised with how great it feels.
- Remind myself how many people in this world are also having a down day too- and go through it with them. No matter how bad your day may seem, you're not dealing with it alone. Somewhere in this huge, crazy world, someone is feeling the exact same you are- unmotivated, over it, just want to stay in bed. But they keep going. If they can keep going, what's stopping me?!
- Go out of my way to MAKE it a good day. Spend a little time doing something I love, talk to someone I love, or watch a motivational video on YouTube! (For example- Reggie Dabbs!) There is so much positivity in this world and sometimes it's not as out of reach as we think! Something as seemingly small as eating my favourite food for lunch makes it a good day :).
I hope some of my ways of getting motivated help you in some way! Be sure to let me know some of the ways that YOU get motivated on a down day!!